I am honoured to have received ‘The Inspiring Blogger Award’…awarded to me by Julie @ ‘Seize The Veggies’. Julie is a vegetarian blogging about delicious tips for healthy eating. Julie also has a son with a tree nut allergy.
Here are the rules:
- Copy and paste the Award graphic in a post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers, and tell them by posting a comment on their blog.
7 Things About Me:
1. My hair is naturally curly and I have yet to colour it.
2. I love dogs…especially big cuddly ones…unfortuately, our dog allergies have prevented us from adopting another into our family. If we were to adopt another, I would love to own a Portuguese Water Dog. It was our second choice…our first dog was a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. Click here to read all about our experience having a dog with our boys.
3. I love peanut butter…not just any peanut butter but all-natural crunchy peanut butter...President’s Choice Organic Crunchy. I know it seems sacrilige to be even mentioning and providing a link to this contraband in our house…but it is my ‘girls getaway’ indulgence when I visit my mother. It is one of the many sacrifices our family with multiple food allergies has made in order to provide a safe environment for both our boys with peanut/tree nut allergies.
4. Green Tea is my favourite tea to enjoy throughout the day.
5. A Soy Latte at Starbucks is a special treat…best enjoyed in cold hockey arenas.
6. I am thrilled to be running again…physio therapists, a chiropractor/acupunturist and physiotrist have all been a big help in my recovery.
7. I really enjoy writing my blog, The Food Allergy Chronicles…a big thank you to all that follow me!
I urge you to please take the time to acquaint yourselves with the following bloggers living with food allergies. Living with food allergies can be very isolating…it should not be a lonely experience…we need to support each other.
Read through and be prepared to be inspired!
My list of 15 ‘Very Inspiring Bloggers’ Living With Allergy/Eczema/Asthma:
1. A Tale of Anaphylaxis Tips & Tricks On Living With Anaphylaxis! by the Epipen Princess: Sydney, a student, with food allergies…strawberry, pineapple, cashew and coconut…with tips and tricks to surviving day to day life tasks with anaphylaxis. Sydney is inspiring as she tackles anaphylaxis through the eyes of a student….giving students with food allergies a voice and mentor. I love her ending sentence on a post she wrote on ‘How To Emotionaly Heal After Anaphylaxis’…”Don’t cry because it happened, SMILE because you are alive!” Click here for that post.
2. The Allergista How to Manage Your Skin & Food Allergies Without Losing Sanity OR Style Points: The Allergista has a skin condition called Allergic Contact Dermatitis ( a form of eczema) is lactose intolerant, deficient in Vitamin D, wears only cotton and must avoid touching anything with nickel. She also has multiple allergies…chocolate, cashews, green, brown and white beans, spinach, canned food wheat, shellfish, ground meat, vitamins, figs, pineapple, prunes, raspberries, mussels, hazelnuts, peanuts, sunflower seeds and licorice. There is more…click here for more about The Allergista. The Allergista inspires me with her enthusiasm for life…she will be an Official Expo Blogger at the Gluten and Allergy Free Expo in Chicago 2013. Click here to read more about it from The Allergista.
3. Celiac And Allergy Adventures Living a Full And Fun Life With Food Allergies And Celiac Disease: A 30 year old who has lived with food allergies, asthma and eczema all her life and is now living gluten free. Celiac and Allergy Adventures inspires me because as she states, ” I’m viewing this all as a positive learning experience and refuse to let these conditions take control over my life.” It is a blog filled with personal experiences.
4. lucys friendly foods: A Cordon Bleu trained mom of two children with food allergies…dairy, egg, nut and sesame seed. She inspires me with all her delicious recipes…Rosemary Foccacia, Welsh Cakes and Ginger Flapjacks…I especially like all the British specialties.
5. Dairy Egg Nut: Dining out…with allergies: as titled, the blogger writes about dining out with allergies…where they go and what they order. Dairy Egg Nut’s restaurant experiences inspires me to start ‘stepping out of our box’ and try some of their tips at our local restaurants.
6. Intrepid Allergy Mum adventures with allergies: a mum living in Western Australia with her 5 year old son with food allergies…dairy, egg, fish, nuts, lentils and sesame. She inspires me with all her allergen friendly recipes that she creates for her son.
7. My Eczema SkinCare Blog My Trials and Tribulations for Clearer Skin!: The blogger hopes her experiences with her eczema, from the past 5 years, helps others find a solution to their eczema. This blogger is inspiring with her passion and candid exposure of her experiences with eczema.
8. It’s An Itchy Little World / Eczema, allergies and asthma…oh my!: Jennifer is a mompreneur and founder of The Eczema Company. Jennifer shares her stories with her family’s battles with eczema, allergies and asthma using natural methods. Jennifer inspires me with her indepth approach to researching the best products for those suffering from eczema and inspires me with her stories of strength related to her son’s food allergies.
9. Frugal Food Allergies: Lindsey is a mother who believes it should not cost a fortune to cook with food allergies. Lindsey’s blog focuses on her daughter’s EoE (Eosiniphilic Esophagitus) as well as her daughter’s limited diet due to her mulitple food allergies. Click here to read about her lengthy journey. Lindsey inspires me with her positive energy, strength and determination to be there for her family.
10. Dairy Free Diner: A blog about living with a dairy allergy in your family: Jennifer’s son has a dairy allergy and febrile seizures and a daughter with alopecia areata…with both inheriting their father’s amblyopia. Click here to read all about the details of her journey. Jennifer blogs about her family’s trials and tribulations. Jennifer is another mother who inspires me with her strength and determination living with all the medical conditions her family faces on a daily basis.
11. Young Allergies: Magdalena has a son with eczema and food allergies…milk, soy, egg, peanuts/tree nuts. Magdalena blogs about her life with her two young boys and posts allergy friendly recipes. Magdalena inspires me as a mother of a child with food allergies that goes above and beyond to create a safe environment for her son to thrive within. Her candid honesty with her daily struggles with two young boys tugs at your ‘heart strings’. Click here for her post on ‘Struggles’.
12. Allergy Foodie–thrive with top 8 food allergens: Anu blogs about her son with food allergies…eggs, wheat , soy , dairy, nuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish. Anu’s ‘passion for the field of nutrition’ and improving the quality of life of her son…leads her to researching issues such as ingredient lists, new recipes, new products and substitute foods. Anu inspires me with her creative allergy friendly dishes and her determination to educate others on food allergies in general.
13. My 1/2 Dozen Daily: As Carla simply states, ‘Join me through the ups & downs of motherhood as I try to balance a husband, 4 kids, a cat, a handful of hobbies, my faith, homeschooling, living green & frugally in Canada all while keeping a smile on my face!’ She forgot to add…while living with eczema and food allergies (OAS)…most raw fruits, some raw vegetables, sugar, dairy, soy, cocount, peanuts/tree nuts, corn, oats and quinoa, gluten/wheat, hormones/antibiotics/pesticides, chemicals and preservatives, fish, sulphites and processed foods of any kind. Carla inspires me with all that she does for her family…her management of money, care for her children and her sewing and photography on the side to help ends meet…all the while living with the ‘puzzle’ of excema and her OAS and food allergies.
14. The Allergy Mom Life With A Child With Allergies: Melissa is the mother to two children with eczema and allergies…environmental, dairy, eggs peanuts/tree nuts. Melissa’s site is host to allergy related articles, allergy friendly recipes, an allergy forum, an allergy directory and her blog. Melissa is inspiring in all that she does to raise the awareness of food allergies with the public, as well as, navigating the world of food allergies in her daily life.
15. Jazzy Allergy Recipes Simple and delicious egg free, dairy free, and nut free recipes that everyone will love: Lori creates recipes especially for her daughter, Jazzy, with food allergies…dairy, egg and nuts. Lori inspires me with her dedication to her daughter to keep her promise…‘That I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try.’ …A theme I have noticed that resonates between all the mother’s on my list of ‘Inspiring Bloggers’.
Thank you all for inspiring me…our experiences in life give us meaning…thank you all for sharing yours!